Greenland’s resident Orchid expert Joe has brought in a limited selection of unique orchids for our upcoming orchid classes; here’s just one of the unusual choices he will feature.
Paphiopedilum – Tropical Lady’s Slipper Orchids
- Tropical Asian relatives of our native lady’s slippers
- Hard to find in Alberta
- Very easy to grow and flower in average household conditions (excellent beginners’ orchid)
- Flowers can last 6-8 weeks or more
- May flower twice per year
- Grow well in lower light conditions
- Prefer a fine bark mix and like to stay moist, but not wet
- Fertilize weekly, weakly with Plant Prod Orchid Fertilizer (25-10-10)
- Repot annually into as small a pot as possible
To view even more orchids join us for one of the following classes:
We’ll cover varieties, successful growing tips, keeping them blooming and more. A perfect class for first time orchid growers.
Greenland Club Members Free. Pre-registration required
Sat. Oct 18 10:00 am $5.00
This advanced class will take a comprehensive look at growing the more diverse species of orchids. A great class for the orchid enthusiast.
Sat. Oct 18 2:00 pm $5.00